Connecting the heads without disassembling your walkman.
Here's a quick, or maybe just a less destructive, way of connecting the heads from your floppy hack to a cassette tape player/walkman. It involves this novelty, which I just bought for my car, which only has an old auto-radio with a tape player in it, which lets you connect any sound signal source through a jack cable.

...and of course, I couldn't help but think of the current FDD hack I'm constantly having in my head, driving me mad.
- source: wikipedia
Could be interesting to see if it's possible just to connect the heads (of the FDD) directly to this cable. I'm not willing to sacrifice my own. It'll go straight into my car. :)
Cheers!

...and of course, I couldn't help but think of the current FDD hack I'm constantly having in my head, driving me mad.
A cassette adapter is shaped like a cassette tape. However, instead of having reels of tape inside, it has a transmitting head where the tape is normally read by the reading head. This transmitting head is connected to the input cord, which connects the head to the portable device.
- source: wikipedia
Could be interesting to see if it's possible just to connect the heads (of the FDD) directly to this cable. I'm not willing to sacrifice my own. It'll go straight into my car. :)
Cheers!