Source of Noise at 1khz + each harmonic?
Hello, I have created a wavetable polysynth with Maple and the Audio Codec Shield.
I have been sampling the output of the ACS through my external soundcard and running it through a the spectral analyser from Ableton Live, and I notice that regardless of which program I have flashed onto my Maple, I see a -88 dBFS spike at 1000hz and all harmonics of 1000 after that until it aliases. This noise is present immediately upon starting the Maple, before any of my programs run.
I've eliminated a few sources, it is not coming from my MIDI cable on Serial3, or my soundcard, and not specific to any programs flashed on there.
I kinda assume it is from the USBSerial interface (I have called USBSerial.end() though), but it is not specific to the computer it is plugged into either, it does it on both computers I've powered it by so far. I don't have a battery set up to power the Maple, but I might try that.
Has anyone else with ADS and a Maple seen this, and perhaps know how to get rid of it? Preferably still allowing me to power it by the USB cable.
Thanks :)
-Saf
I have been sampling the output of the ACS through my external soundcard and running it through a the spectral analyser from Ableton Live, and I notice that regardless of which program I have flashed onto my Maple, I see a -88 dBFS spike at 1000hz and all harmonics of 1000 after that until it aliases. This noise is present immediately upon starting the Maple, before any of my programs run.
I've eliminated a few sources, it is not coming from my MIDI cable on Serial3, or my soundcard, and not specific to any programs flashed on there.
I kinda assume it is from the USBSerial interface (I have called USBSerial.end() though), but it is not specific to the computer it is plugged into either, it does it on both computers I've powered it by so far. I don't have a battery set up to power the Maple, but I might try that.
Has anyone else with ADS and a Maple seen this, and perhaps know how to get rid of it? Preferably still allowing me to power it by the USB cable.
Thanks :)
-Saf