Synthi inspired project - Microdec back end
Hi Peeps,
I'm working on a synthi style project that will have a Microdec as the final stage in the signal path. The design is still being worked out (suggestions?), and will include a combination of commercially available PCBs and some breadboarding. . .
PCBs:
- Microdec
- 3 VCO's with vibrato of Jurgen Haible's design http://www.jhaible.de/living_vcos/jh_living_vcos.html
- MOTM filter, not sure which one yet.
The DIY bit will inevitably get a bit messy, but it should be managable:
- 556 based dual ADSR
- OTA based VCA x4 (joystick (2), Filter (1), amp (1))
- Ring Mod
- Pre-amp / envelope follower / gate extractor
- Pink / white noise
If there's room I'd also like to add sample and hold and an LFO. I may add an OTA based voltage control to the MOD1 pot on the microdec, and perhaps a circuit that cycles through each oscillator at the gate signal. Synthi style patchbays are expensive and you need to hack the diode/shorting pins to resisters in order to sum the signals, so the matrix is scaled down a bit to 14 x 15 2.5mm jacks. There's still plenty of room on the panel, and matrix size is the biggest constraint on all the cool features I want to put in. Here's a picture of the panel as of this morning, Microdec at bottom left.

More to come!
I'm working on a synthi style project that will have a Microdec as the final stage in the signal path. The design is still being worked out (suggestions?), and will include a combination of commercially available PCBs and some breadboarding. . .
PCBs:
- Microdec
- 3 VCO's with vibrato of Jurgen Haible's design http://www.jhaible.de/living_vcos/jh_living_vcos.html
- MOTM filter, not sure which one yet.
The DIY bit will inevitably get a bit messy, but it should be managable:
- 556 based dual ADSR
- OTA based VCA x4 (joystick (2), Filter (1), amp (1))
- Ring Mod
- Pre-amp / envelope follower / gate extractor
- Pink / white noise
If there's room I'd also like to add sample and hold and an LFO. I may add an OTA based voltage control to the MOD1 pot on the microdec, and perhaps a circuit that cycles through each oscillator at the gate signal. Synthi style patchbays are expensive and you need to hack the diode/shorting pins to resisters in order to sum the signals, so the matrix is scaled down a bit to 14 x 15 2.5mm jacks. There's still plenty of room on the panel, and matrix size is the biggest constraint on all the cool features I want to put in. Here's a picture of the panel as of this morning, Microdec at bottom left.
More to come!