Board index › Products › MICrODEC › MICrODEC General Discussion

Stereo effect error?

2 posts · 6364 views

Stereo effect error?

by danhambleton » Fri Mar 30, 2012 14:21 UTC
So, I've noticed that some of the effects on my board aren't totally matching what the (great) youtube videos are showing. In particular, the stereo flanger (11 on the dial) seems not to do much of anything. Now, I've also noticed that when I switch to this effect, I'm not getting a stereo signal (i.e. left channel is there, although with no effect, but right channel is totally missing).

I've rechecked my assembly and everything seems to be ok. Any thoughts?

Re: Stereo effect error?

by guest » Fri Mar 30, 2012 21:53 UTC
there are a few different things it could be

first check with a pair of headphones at the output
and see if any of the other functions produce a sound on the right channel
if this is the case
then the analog hardware is fine

next plug in a signal and set to effect 11
put the mix knob and mod1 knob all the way clockwise
and feedback knob all the way counterclockwise
then spin mod2 about 10 full revolutions clockwise
see if you hear any modulation effect at the output

the default setting for effect 11 is very subtle
and it takes a lot of turns of mod2 to get the effect to be noticeable