Board index › Products › MIDIvampire

status at startup

9 posts · 18313 views

status at startup

by ikkini » Sat Aug 17, 2013 19:57 UTC
Hi,

These Vampires are really great little suprises.
I was considering ordering a Vampire II, but I have two questions :
- What is the state at startup ? Is it the last state before powering down or do I have to edit the 4 sounds each time I power up ?
- Will it work using a MIDI Thru Box ? Or the Midi Thru output of another synth ?

Re: status at startup

by guest » Sun Aug 18, 2013 01:01 UTC
great questions.

1. status at startup: this is hardwired into the program memory, so it does the same thing every time, which is a pain. it would be nice if it could save state, but the power consumption was just a bit too much. it might have been possible, but it could have induced erratic behaviour when saving.

2. midi-thru: it should be able to be powered by midi-thru, as long as they follow the midi spec. i am not sure about the midi-thru on a bus powered device. the midivamps do not consume all the power available from the midi line, so as long as the other bus powered device only takes a small bit, it might work.

Re: status at startup

by ikkini » Sun Aug 18, 2013 05:37 UTC
Thanks for the reply !

Re: status at startup

by pianokeyjoe » Mon Oct 28, 2013 18:36 UTC
Since all edits are not saved inside the synth,is there a way to midi out and dump the current state?Even if by trace soldering and cutting?Also you mention midi thru.I want to daisy chain 16 modules( 8 V1s and 8 Vlls).What would I need to do to the circuit board in order to do that?

Re: status at startup

by guest » Mon Oct 28, 2013 20:26 UTC
there is no way to midi-out without rewriting the code and adding hardware. at that point it would be easier to rewrite the state-storing.

Re: status at startup

by bleo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 18:09 UTC
(oops double post)

Re: status at startup

by bleo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 18:09 UTC
OK, sorry to necrobump this, but I think I've figured out how to change the MIDI Vampire II init settings in the code, but I just want to make sure. Would I change the values in vamp2.asm here?

;initialize voice1
ldi r16,$ff
sts attack1,r16


So in the above code, the attack is set to default to FF on startup?

Re: status at startup

by guest » Mon Mar 16, 2015 19:40 UTC
yes, they all should be listed in one section near the beginning of the code. the $ff in that example is the value, so changing that to $5a, for example, would shorten the attack.

Re: status at startup

by bleo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 20:04 UTC
Excellent. Next step will be figuring out how to compile the .hex!