Board index › Products › Audio Codec Shield

Pin options

4 posts · 19708 views

Pin options

by shivasongster » Fri Jan 17, 2014 23:14 UTC
The board didn't come with pre-soldered pins on these areas:

EN
MIC - IN - C - VB
HP OUT
IN - L- C- R

So I soldered some headers into these to make it easier to use jumpers or add breakout sections via a breadboard.

Can someone give me an overview of what these connections can allow me to do (aside from the odd mic mod they tell you to do)? I want to work mainly with line-in signals from another device. I've done a number of Arduino projects, but I am still a neophyte when it comes to a lot of this stuff, and I am looking for some quick wins beyond the included sketches. Also, much of what is on this forum is for the Maple library, and I am running on Arduino.

http://www.shivasongster.com/category/writings/arduino/

Re: Pin options

by guest » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:18 UTC
those headers allow for:

EN: to turn the SPI buffer on and off, enabling multiplexing of the SPI line. this is actually rather timing critical, and a bit difficult to get right.

MIC: put a microphone or low level input into the codecshield. the VB pin can also be used for external opamp circuits which need the mid-rail reference.

IN: this allows for DC-coupled inputs to the codec.

OUT: this is a DC-coupled output from the codec. it is slightly higher audio quality than the HP out jack, but can not drive small loads, like speakers.

HP: this is a redundant set of pins for the HP out jack

Re: Pin options

by shivasongster » Sat Jan 18, 2014 20:15 UTC
Great, that should at least get me started. Thanks!

Re: Pin options

by hello_kitty » Mon May 12, 2014 11:20 UTC
Oh thansk for decoding these shortcuts.