by MarijnvanTricht » Thu Jan 15, 2015 15:46 UTC
I have connected the Codec shield to a FPGA and when i configure the BCLK (generated from the CLKOUT) on an unused pin it works fine. But when I connect it to the Codec shield it goes low.
anyone know what could be the problem?
Aditional information:
- the chip is running slave (so i have to provide the clocks)
by guest » Thu Jan 15, 2015 19:33 UTC
are you sending BCLK to pin13 (D13) on the codecshield? this is the 3rd pin down on the upper right hand side of headers (with text facing upright). the pin above it is ground, so make sure its not shorted to that pin for some reason. measure the resistance to ground with a multimeter.
by MarijnvanTricht » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:10 UTC
Thanks that was it. I can't see it but there is definitely a short between the BCLK and the ground.
by guest » Fri Jan 16, 2015 19:34 UTC
were you able to fix it? if you soldered wires to the shield, somtimes a small bit of solder can jumper to the ground plane.