Board index › Products › MICrODEC › Software

Burning with an arduino

3 posts · 7495 views

Burning with an arduino

by mcanulty » Fri May 21, 2010 06:24 UTC
If anybody is interested in being able to put data onto the board via an arduino emulating an avrisp board, I can post details, I got that working with the six pin isp port on the arduino earlier this week.

Re: Burning with an arduino

by cliffman » Mon Sep 27, 2010 21:53 UTC
I think I would be interested in this. Also, been meaning to ask,
I have the modern device's USB breakout board, with the FT232R chip,
will that work for programming the microdec?

thanks
cliffw

Re: Burning with an arduino

by mcanulty » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:16 UTC
It can definitely work to program it, but first the system needs two things - a bootloader on the processor and a program with which to upload the code that runs on your computer system.

It should be fairly simple implement, but it could use a volunteer to look into it. If you'd be interested in investigating, maybe we could make a resource area for it that could narrow down the things that need to be done to make it happen.

More information on bootloaders, and possibly easy code to modify for our needs:
http://hubbard.engr.scu.edu/embedded/avr/bootloader/index.html
http://projects.gbdt.com.au/boot162/

STKLOAD might be the answer to the question of how to upload on the pc side.

I like this page too, you kind of have to read it in a Pavel Chekov voice:
http://www.scienceprog.com/usb-bootloaders-for-avr-microcontrollers/

Regarding Arduino burning:
I've written up a short article that describes more about the arduino modification, I've been uploading code to my microdec via mine:
http://www.openmusiclabs.com/learning/arduino/isp/